Structural Drafting Technician – Part Time / Full Time
Quantum Engineering is a young and rapidly growing structural engineering consulting firm located in Chilliwack, BC. We provide structural engineering design for a wide variety of small- to mid-size projects, ranging from building components to single family buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, and specialty structures. We work in a variety of sectors, including residential, commercial, agricultural and institutional. Quantum aims to provide our clients with high quality structural solutions that are grounded in efficiency and integrity, using a collaborative approach. We are committed to excellence in our work and enjoy the challenge of unusual and interesting projects.
We are looking for structural drafting technician to join our growing Chilliwack team.
You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Revit software and will work closely with our engineers, technologists and drafting technicians.
You have the following:
- Completion of an architectural drafting program with a focus on AutoCAD and Revit software.
- A passion for drafting, with a desire to continually learn and improve your skills.
- Work experience in either architectural or structural drafting.
- Above average computer competency (ie. proficient typist, strong familiarity with Windows 10, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Assets include a strong knowledge of the BC Building Code, ability to read engineering drawings, and construction experience.
Remuneration is negotiable and is commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cascade Christian School
Mount Cheam Christian School
With glass facades and long sweeping overhangs supported with exposed steel beams, this 2,000 square meter addition forms an inviting nucleus to the school.
This 21,000 square foot school addition utilizes tilt-up concrete, steel, and wood framing in the structure. In many of the common areas, the primary structural systems remain exposed imposing aesthetic constraints on the structural design. We think the exposed structure looks great and practically stands up well against students!