Quantum Engineering is a young and growing structural engineering consulting firm located in Chilliwack, BC. We provide structural engineering design for a wide variety of small- to mid-size projects, ranging from building components to single family buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, and specialty structures. We work in a variety of sectors, including residential, commercial, agricultural and institutional. Quantum aims to provide our clients with high quality structural solutions that are creative and yet practical and efficient. We are committed to excellence in our work and maintain a casual professional work environment.
We are looking for an intermediate or senior structural engineer to join our growing Chilliwack team.
You will be responsible for the design and detailing of new buildings as well as structural alterations to existing buildings. You will also attend consultant meetings and conduct field reviews and construction administration as required.
You have the following:
- A commitment to design excellence
- The ability to manage small to midsize projects with limited supervision;
- A Bachelors degree in structural engineering;
- 5-10 years of relevant structural building design experience;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC. (Struct.Eng would be preferred);
- A valid BC Driver’s Licence;
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory and relevant Canadian building codes and design standards (NBCC, concrete, steel, timber, masonry)
- Experience with the following software: MS excel, AutoCAD, and Sap2000.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
If you meet these requirements and would like to join a diversified and innovative structural firm, please reply to this post with your resume attached or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.